Hi, this is Joe from Vice. I’m going to get some needles stuck in my face. – Hello.
– Hi there. You’re going to feel a heavy sensation.
Don’t be surprised. Let me know if it’s too painful.
Okay, here we go. – How is it?
– It feels strange. What do you mean by ‘strange’? – The areas where the needles go in feel cold. Really? That’s the first time I’ve heard
someone describe it as ‘cold’. – You’ve gotten tattooed before, right?
– Yes. – How did that feel?
– The tattoos were more painful. So this doesn’t hurt as much? – Getting tattooed hurts, but it also feels good. Maybe you just enjoy pain. I bet you feel this one. – That spot really hurts.
– How about here? It’s like my finger is moving on it’s own. – What is that?
– Another needle. It seems like you had a lot of stress built up. See how the skin around the needles is turning red?
That’s because they’re making small wounds. The redness is a sign that the body is
gathering what it needs to patch itself up. By spurring the body to fix these small wounds, we’re drawing out its innate healing energy. That really hurts. Overall it felt good. Some parts hurt pretty bad, but some also felt nice. The part that felt the strangest was up here. My neck got really stiff. The muscles there will really loosen up by tomorrow. – Let’s move onto the hot needles.
– I knew it! Sometimes people feel dizzy, so if that happens
just fall to the side, okay? I’m way more nervous about this part. I’m going to do two points near your shoulders too. – That was painful!
– Well, it’s all over now. Now I’m going to get facial acupuncture. Does this hurt? – It hurts when the needles go in, but after that… It’s fine, right? – How many needles are going in?
– Around 100. Alright, let’s move to the eyes. That really hurt! He says it hurts. Can I do the other eye?
Don’t cry, Joe. Ah, too late. – Are you okay?
– Yeah, but I’m crying. He’s crying! Still crying. I can’t see even if I open my eyes. Don’t clench your muscles up. My face feels a lot hotter than the rest of my body. That’s because your circulation is improving. That feels weird. It hurts when you rotate them. It hurts if I move my face, too. This is really relaxing. Don’t you feel refreshed? That was more painful than I expected. But I feel good now that the needles are out.
My body feels energized. I’m really awake, but… maybe just because it was painful. No no, it’s because your muscles were stimulated,
not because of the pain! Owwwww.